Role of the Business Services Unit
Quality Customer Service Unit
- assist in the development of Quality Customer Service standards for the Department as a whole
- provide a front line telephonist service for callers to the Department
- oversee the continual development and maintenance of the Department's website (www.djei.ie) so that it remains a key communications tool and information resource for our customers.
- provide suitable accommodation for staff of the Department and its Offices
- ensure that the processes and procedures of the Department and its Offices are designed and performed so as to ensure as far as is reasonably practicable the safety, health and welfare of all staff members
- implement new procedures for the Department's Asset Register system which will include overall responsibility for the Departmental Asset Register and provide material as required in the context of the annual Appropriation Account
- provide an efficient payment system and to assist with the introduction of a new Management Information Framework
- provide advice and assistance to the staff of the Department in relation to Procurement matters
- provide information on the Department’s Decentralisation Programme including Decentralisation of Department staff to Carlow.
Last modified: 14/08/2012