Action Plan for Jobs
The Action Plan for Jobs is a whole-of-Government initiative under which all Government Departments and Agencies work together to deliver on the agreed action points for each year.
The Action Plan for Job's Five Strategic Ambitions are:
- To support 100,000 additional jobs by 2016
- To get Ireland back to a top-five ranking in international competitiveness
- To stimulate the domestic economy and generate employment in locally traded sector
- To build an indigenous engine of growth that drives up the export market share of Irish companies
- To build world-class clusters in key sectors of opportunity
The Government is committed to seeing full employment of 2.1m people in 2018.
An Action Plan for Jobs is published every year, setting out clear actions and targets to help create positive conditions for job creation. Results are reviewed quarterly and progress reports are published underneath.
Links to all Action Plans for Jobs and progress reports are below:
Action Plan for Jobs 2015
Action Plan for Jobs 2014 – Progress Reports
Action Plan for Jobs 2014
Action Plan for Jobs 2013 – Progress Reports
Action Plan for Jobs 2013
Action Plan for Jobs 2012 - Progress Reports
Action Plan for Jobs 2012
Last modified: 29/01/2015