This page contains information to help you make the best use of this website.
Read our accessibility statement for detailed information on the accessibility features of this website.
Each page on the website has a number of standard features, to assist you to easily navigate around the site.
- The top navigation bar contains links to standard pages found on most websites, such as the Home page, Press, Publications, Advanced search page, etc. You can also carry out a quick search using the search panel on the right side of the top navigation area.
- The quick links bar contains links to detailed information pages covering the six main policy areas for which the Department is responsible.
- The right side of each page contains an information panel that contains a variety of information related to the current page, for example relevant publications or forms, recent Press Releases about the policy area, contact information for the Unit, etc.
- A breadcrumb trail is available at the bottom left corner of each page. This shows a hierarchical view of where on the site you are on now, and how to get there from the Home page. You can click on any of the links to retrace your route back up to the Home page.
- The bottom navigation bar contains most of the same links available at the top of each page, and in addition contains a link to bring you straight back to the top of the page.
The pages on this website are organised by policy area, and maintained directly by staff of each of the responsible Units within the Department. You can view a detailed site map listing all the different areas of the site.
The information on the website is also categorised around six broad policy areas, each of which includes a number of topics. The following are the main policy areas, each of which has a page detailing the individual topic areas.
Please email the webmaster at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have an issue or problem with this website, for example, if you find a broken link, or a form is not working.
If you have a query or problem regarding a particular policy area, please contact the Unit responsible directly. Phone, email and address contact information for each Unit is provided on the right information panel on pages maintained by that Unit.
You can also email any query to the Information Unit at email@example.com, where it will be forwarded to the Unit best able to answer the query. You can also fill in the online general query form if you prefer. In general, due to the volume of requests received, you should allow at least 2 working days before your query is answered.
We welcome all feedback from visitors on your experience of this website. Use this short feedback form to give us your opinion, both positive and negative.
Using the search engine
You can search for the information you are looking for using the sites' search engine. All of the HTML pages on this site are indexed, so if the information you seek is on the site, you should be able to find it. We have provided detailed instructions on how to use the search engine.
The structure of the website was reorganised in 2004 to make information easier to find. As a result of the reorganisation, most of the pages on the site have moved location. However, as far as possible, we have tried to ensure that the old address of every page on the site automatically points to the new address, so if you have bookmarked particular pages in your browser, these should still work as before. If you cannot find a page that was there before, please contact the webmaster with as much detail as you can, and we will try to find the page and fix the link again.
Last modified: 21/07/2011