16th June 2017
Exports have increased to €41 billion
Tánaiste and Minister for Enterprise and Innovation Frances Fitzgerald TD today welcomed the publication of the Goods Exports and Imports by the Central Statistics Office which shows that exports of goods from Ireland have increased by 10% in the period January to April 2017 to €41.0bn compared with the same period in 2016.
The figures also show:
- that there has been an increase in key sectors and key markets,
- exports of Medical and Pharmaceutical products increased by 28% in the first four months of 2017,
- exports of Food and live animals increased by 8.6% from January to April compared with the same period in 2016.
- machinery and equipment exports increased by 14.5%,
- exports to the UK increased by 14% overall
- exports to China more than doubled to €2.1bn
Speaking about the CSO publication Tánaiste Frances Fitzgerald said “A 10% increase in Exports from Ireland is very positive news and the figures today indicate a continued resilience in our export performance despite the global uncertainty and exchange rate volatility. As Minister for Enterprise and Innovation I will continue to support firms to innovate and diversify their markets.
For further information please contact Press Office, D/Enterprise and Innovation, ph. 631 2200 or email@example.com
Back to Department News