The Department engages with key stakeholders to address issues that arise on a sectoral basis across all areas of enterprise activity. Where issues are not within the remit of this Department, we aim to facilitate dialogue with other Departments in order to progress the enterprise agenda.
A number of sectors have been identified for specific attention through the Action Plan for Jobs process which commenced in 2012. Actions are agreed on a cross-Government basis for implementation by the most appropriate Departments and Agencies and often include the setting up of a sectoral group with representatives from industry. Examples of such groups are as follows:
- Manufacturing- establishment of a government/industry Manufacturing Development Forum
- Big Data and Data Analytics- establishment of a Big Data Taskforce
- Digital Games- establishment of a Digital Games Cluster Development Group
- Retail sector - establishment of a Retail Consultation Forum
- Corporate Social Responsibility - establishment of a CSR Stakeholder Forum